Here's a follow up tutorial for the DIY tassel garland post because I figured out an easier way to do it that (I think) looks better too!
See the original post for the materials needed. They are the same except you won't need sparkle ribbon.
1. Take your tissue paper and if it has fancy edges like mine did, cut them off.
2. Fold the tissue paper and then cut skinny strips BUT DON'T go all the way to the top. Leave between 1 in - 1 1/2 in. (This is the first difference from my original post)
Cut until it looks like this:
3. Unfold the paper a couple time, or all the way if you want (the next step will just take longer if you unfold it all the way). Take your string and make a loop about 1 in - 1 1/2 in long. (Also different from the original post - I didn't use string the first time)
Wrap the end of the loop with double sided tape and stick it onto the edge of the paper like so:
And then start rolling up the tissue around the string loop.
4. Once you roll it all the way up, twist the tip of the tassel (like wringing out a towel) so it looks like this:
When your done it should look like this:
5. Repeat as many times as you want and then hang all of your tassels on a string and enjoy!